InfoSoup librarians are challenging all adult library card holders to read books and write reviews in 2013 for a chance to win big prizes! Participation is easy:
Please read below for the complete Reading Challenge rules, list of prizes, and posting guidelines.
Reading Challenge Rules & Prizes
- The 2013 Reading Challenge is sponsored by OWLSnet and participating OWLSnet member libraries in the Outagamie Waupaca Library System and Nicolet Federated Library System.
- By participating in the Reading Challenge, each entrant accepts the Reading Challenge rules and posting guidelines.
- This contest is open to anyone 18 years of age and older as of time of entry.
- Entrant must create an account at read.infosoup.org using a valid InfoSoup library card.
- Entrant must use this account to submit the title, author, and a brief original review of an item read. Reviews submitted must be for items in the InfoSoup catalog.
- Entrant may submit only one entry per library book read.
- OWLSnet is not responsible for technical malfunctions and may suspend, modify or terminate the contest. In the event of early termination, selection of winners will take place using eligible entries received prior to termination.
- OWLSnet member library employees, their spouses, and their children are not eligible for Reading Challenge prizes, but they are welcome and encouraged to post reviews.
- Submission of an entry grants OWLSnet and its member libraries the right to publish, and/or copy the entry for any and all purposes without compensation to the entrant.
- Ten (10) prizes will be awarded. Entrants may win more than once during the contest year, but not more than once in the same month.
- Entries may be submitted on or after 12:00 AM CT on January 1, 2013. Prize winners will be drawn at random from all entries submitted by the deadlines and will be awarded on the following schedule:
||Prize Drawing Date
||$25 Amazon Gift Card
||$25 Barnes & Noble Gift Card
||$50 Amazon Gift Card
||$50 Barnes & Noble Gift Card
||Nook Glowlight or Kindle Paperwhite
||Nook Glowlight or Kindle Paperwhite
||Nook Tablet or Kindle Fire
||Kindle Fire or Nook Tablet
OWLSnet may substitute a prize of equal or greater value. Winners will be notified by phone or e-mail.
- Winners consent to the use of their names and images, without compensation, for promotional purposes in connection with the Reading Challenge.
- Liability for any applicable taxes and other expenses not expressly included in the prize will be the sole responsibility of the winners.
InfoSoup provides forums for staff and patrons of OWLSnet libraries to share reviews, recommendations, and comments about materials in the InfoSoup catalog. Forums include Books to Hoot About! (a children’s book review blog), the Book Blog (reviews by and/or for teens), Books R US (a recommended-reads blog for adults), and Community Reviews, a feature allowing library card holders to post reviews in the InfoSoup catalog. All eligible Reading Challenge reviews will be posted in the Books R Us blog.
We recognize and respect differences in opinion but request that contributors respect the positive spirit of the forums. Reviews and comments will be monitored and reviewed for content and relevancy. InfoSoup reserves the right to edit or modify any blog postings or comments for space or content while retaining the intent of the original post.
Postings which contain any of the following will be removed:
- Obscene or racist content
- Personal attacks, insults, or threatening language
- Potentially libelous statements
- Plagiarized or copyright protected material
- Statements promoting or suggesting illegal activity
- Private, personal information published without consent
- Posts unrelated to the content and intent of the forum
- Hyperlinks to material that is not directly related to the discussion
- Commercial promotions or spam
- Organized political activity
- Photos or other images that fall in any of the above categories
- Random, minimal, irrelevant, or unintelligible text
Your submission of a review or comment constitutes your acceptance of these posting guidelines. Comments and reviews by library patrons are the opinion of the poster only, and publication of a comment does not imply endorsement or agreement by OWLSnet member libraries. Reviews are maintained by the Outagamie Waupaca Library System for the benefit and use of OWLSnet member libraries and their patrons.